Change for Good Health seeks to improve the lives of all people living in Canada through equitable access to physical activity.
The Change for Good Health initiative has a singular purpose: to mobilize leadership and action in the sports, physical activity and recreation sectors to ensure that all people living in Canada have safe, inclusive, and equitable opportunities for physical activity. Download the full report, the single-page document with the Goals, or the excerpt with the identified Action Items!
The Change for Good Health Toolkit is a key companion to Change for Good Health: A Blueprint for Canada. This resource will help individuals and organizations identify the necessary actions, participants and resources required to implement programming or services aimed at accomplishing the goals defined by the Change for Good Health initiative. Physical activity advocates at the individual, organizational, and governmental level can use these step-by-step tools to identify opportunities for collaboration, and set strategic plans into motion.
You can also view the launch of Change for Good Health, where a panel of experts speak about the importance of physical activity, and this initiative, to their work. Any updates or opportunities or involvement will be updated to this page in the coming days.
Change For Good Health in the media
- Move to Live More podcast: Improving Access to Physical Activity Opportunities for People with Disabilities
- Windsor Star: UWindsor professor part of push to increase Canadians’ physical activity
- NEWSTALK 1010: The importance of physical activity amid COVID-19
- Blackburn News: Report highlights initiative aimed at making physical activity and sport more equitable
- University of Windsor: Professor joins call for equitable access to fitness
- BNN Bloomberg: I wish the government would recognize fitness as an essential right: GoodLife CEO
- yahoo! Finance: Report recommends prioritizing physical activity in the context of the pandemic
- CTV London: Putting fitness front and centre: Founder of Goodlife Fitness helps launch social change initiative
- VOCM Local News: New Program Launching to Help Address Health Issues Caused by Inactivity and Isolation
- University of Calgary: Organizations, experts address increased physical inactivity during pandemic
- Canada Newswire: Organizations, experts address increased physical inactivity during pandemic